Sunday, August 29, 2010

Utah 1

This trip up to Utah was really a quick one! My Dad bought Gordon and I tickets to fly up because he wanted all of his kids to be there as he was awarded the Alumni in Excellence Award from BYU-I. It was a great event and so glad we were able to attend. They had a wonderful breakfast and ceremony. They did a video presentation on his life and it was just a great day. He was able to see many former colleagues and friends and we kids also enjoyed seeing familier faces that I really had forgotten all about! Many names I had forgotten bit I did recognize many and with the help of my siblings, figured out who they all were! We then went over to the new temple and all did a session together. That was the real highlite for Dad, having all his kids and their spouses in the temple together, it really was great. We got a little tour around the new temple to from and old neighbor who now works there, Steve Meyers. Dad still had people stopping him in the temple saying hello, he just can't go anywhere without being recognized. Rexburg has sure changed and its growing into a really beautiful city with fun memories--well the few that I do remember are good ones.....




AND if just happened to be Jake's wedding the day before the award ceremony! That made the weekend even better, being able to go to the wedding and enjoy that special occasion. It was a fun day, they had a great sealing and beautiful reception that evening.

No comments: